The 27th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference will provide opportunities for attendees to gain enhanced knowledge, useful strategies, and practical skills that will have a positive impact within the schools and local communities.
Session topics will include:
1. D.A.R.E. curricula and classroom delivery.
2. Skill development in the effective use of the latest internet and classroom technology.
3. Current information on the relationship between drugs and crime.
4. Identification of high risk students and their “hidden” youth language.
5. Raise participant’s awareness of their contribution to school, neighborhood and community safety.
6. Strategies to develop citizen participation and citizen-oriented public safety programs.
7. Programs that demonstrate best practices and efforts that enhance safety in schools, neighborhoods, and communities.
8. Community prevention programs.
9. Achieving successful community engagement.
10. Working with young people to reduce crime and anti-social behavior.
The conference will benefit:
– D.A.R.E. Instructors
– GREAT Instructors
– School Resource Officers
– School Based Law Enforcement Officers and Deputies
– School Based Law Enforcement Supervisors
– Juvenile and Youth Correction Officers
– International Law Enforcement Officials
– Youth Organization Administrators and Leaders
– International School Staff and Personnel
– Police Department and Sheriffs’ Office Personnel
The conference will be held on July 8-10, 2014 at the beautiful Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, in Grapevine, Texas near the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Go to the Archives to see more entries